Poster Session Presenter Guidelines
The papers should be submitted electronically before October 31st, 2017 at the easychair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lke2017. The format of paper is identical to Springer LNCS series format (though the journal is not published by Springer). You can find useful these formatting tips. Papers that do not follow these format requirements may be rejected without review or may be not included in the journal even if they were accepted for publication.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and to present the communication at the poster section of the conference, if it is accepted.
Size. Registration fee for authors includes publication of a paper of up to 12 pages. For each page that exceeds this limit small extra fee will be charged. If your paper exceeds 15 pages, please contact the organizers first. The additional fee is charged for the pages exceeding the page limit in either the version submitted for review or in the camera-ready version, whichever is greater. In particular, you must not shorten the camera-ready version in comparison with the version submitted for review unless the reviewers required this (contact us if you feel you should do shorten it; in any case this would not reduce the fee). However, we encourage you to use as many pages as you really need for an excellent paper, even if you will pay a very small fee for it — that it, we recommend you not to sacrifice clarity and completeness of your paper for the page limit.
Double blind review policy: the review procedure is double blind. Thus the papers submitted for review must not contain the authors’ names, affiliations, or any information that may disclose the authors’ identity (this information is to be restored in the camera-ready version upon acceptance). In particular, in the version submitted for review please avoid explicit auto-references.
All papers accepted for poster presentation will be published in an Special Issue of the Research in Computing Science Journal, ISSN 1870-4069 (Indexed by DBLP, LatIndex, Periodica).
The poster session will be held in the Faculty of Computer Science, in the Paintings hall (“Murales”) on November 22nd and 23rd, 2017 between the 17:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Prepare Your Poster
Each presenter is provided with a 1.5-mts-high by 1-mt-wide poster board. Dimensions of the useable work area are 90 centimeters high by 60 centimeters wide.
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper
- Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2 cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color
- When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) is legible for headers and figure labels
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled
Placing and presenting your poster
- Posters should be set up between 16:00 hrs. and 17:00 hrs. on the November 22nd.
- Posters must remain up during the two days of the conference. Do not remove posters before 18:00 hrs.
- Presenters must be available for at least 1 hour between 17:00 hrs and 18:00 hrs.
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be removed by 18:00 hrs of November 23rd. Posters remaining after this time will be removed and recycled.