Poster Session Presenter Guidelines
All papers accepted for poster presentation will be published in an Special Issue of the Research in Computing Science Journal, ISSN 1870-4069 (Indexed by DBLP, LatIndex, Periodica).
The poster session for those papers that will be published in the RCS Journal, will be held in the hall of the “EMA-7″ building (4th floor) on November 22nd, 2017 according to the schedule published in the conference program.
NOTE: Posters presented in the student meeting, will be presented on November 23rd, 2017 according to the schedule published in the conference program.
Prepare Your Poster
Each presenter is provided with a 1.5-mts-high by 1-mt-wide poster board. Dimensions of the useable work area are 120 centimeters high by 85 centimeters wide (You can use a template we provide for you in this link: PosterLKE2017).
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper
- Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2 cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color
- When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) is legible for headers and figure labels
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled
Placing and presenting your poster
- Posters should be set up between 19:00 hrs. and 19:30 hrs. on November 22nd.
- Posters must remain up during the poster session of the conference.
- Presenters must be available for at least 1 hour between 19:30 hrs and 20:30 hrs.
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be removed after the poster session before 21:00 hrs. Posters remaining after this time will be removed and recycled.