Poster Session Presenter Guidelines
Based on the evaluation of experts, we will select a number of posters which will be invited to be published, as a extended version, in a book at the first semester of 2016.
The poster session will be held in the Faculty of Computer Science, in the Paintings hall (“Murales”) on October 27th and 28th, 2015 between the 17:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Prepare Your Poster
Each presenter is provided with a 1.5-mts-high by 1-mt-wide poster board. Dimensions of the useable work area are 90 centimeters high by 60 centimeters wide.
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper
- Highlight the authorsâ€™ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2 cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color
- When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) is legible for headers and figure labels
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled
PlacingÂ and presenting your poster
- Posters should be set up between 16:00 hrs. and 17:00 hrs. on the October 27th.
- Posters must remain up during the two days of the conference. Do not remove posters before 18:00 hrs.
- Presenters must be available for at least 1 hour between 17:00 hrs and 18:00 hrs.
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be removed by 18:00 hrs of October 28th. Posters remaining after this time will be removed and recycled.